Safe Zone Trainings
Safe Zone is a symbol of the University of California, Irvine ’s commitment to diversity and the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) community on campus. Open to any campus affiliate, the program trains individuals to identify as Allies that are informed, supportive, and affirming of the LGBTQA community at UC Irvine. Safe Zone creates a more welcoming campus climate for LGBTQ and Ally faculty, staff, and students. Sponsored by the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Resource Center, the program fosters a community network that embraces sexual and gender diversity.
- Develop individual knowledge regarding LGBTQQIA+ issues, concerns, and scenarios and how to deal with them in a responsible and non-threatening method
- Identify Safe Spaces and Allies for the LGBTQQIA+ Community at UCI
- Provide Awareness and Education about the LGBTQQIA+ Community at UCI, that will empower Allies and transform the campus climate to better support UCI’s LGBTQQIA+ population
- Establish a Social, Supportive, and Visible network of Allies
- Provide Resources from campus, local, and statewide agencies related to the LGBTQQIA+ Community
Upcoming Safe Zone Training Dates
If you have already been trained, Safe Zone Advanced is a program for current Safe Zone Allies who wish to get more involved in the LGBT community. Please contact the LGBTRC with any questions or concerns, or contact the LGBTRC Workshop Coordinator at email@example.com.