The LGBTRC Offers...
- A safe space for people of ALL identities
- Educational, social justice & social programs
- Dedicated team and professional staff
- Visibility and awareness weeks
- David Bohnett Cyber Center computer lab
- Referrals, resources & involvement opportunities
- Extensive library and Resource Wall
- Workshops, trainings, leadership & ally development
- DVD library , Wii, and video games
- A list of on-campus Gender Inclusive Bathrooms
- Community kitchen and hangout space
Outreach and Education
The Center offers educational workshops and training sessions such as SafeZone Education for students and staff. Panelists and instructors often draw from and talk about their own experiences and programs are designed by the individuals that lead them.
Our center staff works at UCI to ensure that LGBTQIA+ voices are represented and heard. We provide confidential support and assistance to students, staff, faculty, and others who may need help in dealing with harassment, discrimination, or be questioning their own identities.
David Bohnett Cyber Center
Our Cyber Center provides students and staff with free, safe access to computers and printers thanks to a generous grant from the David Bohnett Foundation. Anyone is free to come in and use the services provided at the Center which include not only computers but also a TV, a Wii console, and a library of movies and games.
Our library shelves are filled with fiction and nonfiction centered around intersectional LGBTQIA+ and queer narratives and discussions, and all books can be checked out for personal reading at the Center’s front desk.